SMSC (Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural)
At Rettendon Primary School we recognise that the personal development of children - spiritually, morally, socially and culturally (SMSC) - plays a significant role in their ability to learn, achieve and be happy individuals. We therefore aim to provide an education that provides children with opportunities to explore and develop:
- Their own values and beliefs;
- Their own spiritual awareness;
- Their own high standards of personal behaviour;
- Their critical thinking skills
- A positive, caring and respectful attitude towards other people;
- An understanding of their social and cultural traditions; and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of their cultures.
CHRISTINGLE SERVICE see British Values
* * * * *
Parents and carers came along to our glitter morning on Monday 14th December. They were dressed festively and listened to Christmas songs while being creative with glitter with the children in Class 1 and 2. Here are a selection of photographs of the morning
On Tuesday 15th December the children in Classes 1 and 2 were joined by parents and carers for Yarn Bombing in the local woodlands. See our photos below.
VISIT FROM MR BURKE
On Friday 26th February we had a visit from Mr Burke and he talked about his work in Cameroon. He had some artefacts to share with us together with some children's work. Children from Rettendon Primary School tried on the Fon's clothing (King of Cameroon) and we were shown photographs of the books our children made when he last visited to help build a new school in Cameroon.
* * * * *